- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp lime
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Optional: Chicken, Black beans, Corn
- The first step is to prepare your quinoa. I used white quinoa from trader joes. I measured out 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water and brought it to a boil. Once it is boiling, cover and reduce to a simmer. Let cook for about 15 minutes. Always make sure to double check the instructions on the package of your quinoa in case yours is different.
- While your quinoa is cooking, chop up all of your veggies.
- Once your cucumber, tomato, cilantro, avocado, and onion are chopped, mix them all together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add in the olive oil and lime to the veggies and mix.
- Next, add the spices (salt, pepper, garlic and cumin). As I have said in previous posts, I do not measure my spices. I think that everyone has different taste preferences so I would suggest adding in spices a little bit at a time and tasting the mixture until you like the taste.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, add the quinoa to the veggie mixture and mix well.
And that’s it! To add extra protein.I added in some chicken I already had prepared from the night before. My family members added in some black beans and corn. Get creative!