A little while ago I shared a post about Why I Switched to Natural Skincare Products. I had been interested in nontoxic skincare for a while but had yet to make the switch to nontoxic make-up. I had tried several different brands but none of them seemed to hold up compared to anything I was buying at Ulta or Sephora. Knowing the risks associated with these products, I continued to use them.
Within the last few months, I have heard about Beautycounter multiple times. Being super curious, I decided to order a few products. After one use of the Volumizing Mascara and Touchup Skin Concealer Pen, I was sold. The concealer blended flawlessly into my skin and the mascara worked just as well or better than what I was currently using.
The best part? Beautycounter products are completely free of all known toxins.
Why is this important?
Well, majority of the products on the market today are filled with chemicals, over 80,000 to be exact. I was shocked to find out that the United States hasn’t passed a major federal law to regulate the ingredients in personal care products since 1938! So crazy. Even more shocking – The European Union bans 1,300 ingredients in beauty products, while the US only bans 33. Even more crazy. There are several risk factors associated with using toxic products. For starters, many products contain gluten in them. If you have a gluten allergy or you have Celiac disease, this can be a big problem. Personally, when I use a product with gluten in it, I develop little red spots all over my skin. These toxic ingredients can cause you to break out (never fun!), disrupt your hormones, and can lead to cancer.
Beautycounter has banned over 1,500 ingredients from its products. This can be found on their Never List. Better yet, Beautycounter is in Washington fighting to have the laws regulated again. How cool is that? Not only do they sell make-up, but they have products in skin care, bath & body, hair care, and kids & baby as well.
This has become something I am truly passionate about. We all know that what we put in our bodies is important, but what we put on our bodies is equally important as well. Our skin is our largest organ, yet it is often neglected. Just within a week of using the product, I am already amazed with the results and how well the products perform. The best part is that I don’t have to worry about what I am putting on my body. I already know it is safe for me to use.
Ways to get involved
- Be Informed – For starters, download the Healthy Living app, plug in the products you are currently using, and find out the safety of your products.
- Shop – Shop all of the amazing Beautycounter products HERE.
- Host a Social – Whether over Facebook or in-person, this helps to get the word out to your friends! Plus, you can get special discounts for hosting.
- Become a Band of Beauty Member – This gets you 15% product credit with every order, free shipping on orders over $100, complimentary gift when you sign up and spend $50, and special offers for members. Only $29 to sign up!
- Become a Consultant – Do you think you would be interested in selling Beautycounter? Talk to me! I would be happy to give you more information!
I am excited to start spreading the message about safer personal care products because it is so, so important. If this resonates with you and you are interested in learning more about Beautycounter, please reach out to me. I would love to help you!