Truth be told, when making these I had every intention of making Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. When it came down to creating the recipe, I didn’t have enough zucchini and I didn’t have my bread pan. Therefore, these Chocolate Chip Muffins were invented. Of course they are gluten & dairy free (although anyone can enjoy them!)
To be honest, I am pretty happy that things turned out the way that they did because these muffins are SO good.
Try them for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Vanilla Almond Milk
- 3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 Tbsp Raw Almond Butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- A dash of salt
- As many chocolate chips as you want (I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips – they are gluten/dairy free!)
(Makes about 6 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 325º F
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil (or my fav – Trader Joe’s coconut oil spray)
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake for about 30 minutes or so (depending on your oven).