Has your skin ever felt dull or dry? Do you feel like your drugstore brand face wash is doing nothing for your skin? If you answered yes to these questions, then you are in the right place! Two years ago I was feeling the same way and needed to switch up my skincare routine, so I started looking into the ingredients of the products that I was putting on my face. Come to find out that I was using extremely toxic products loaded with nothing but chemicals. Not to mention, these products were doing nothing for me. After doing some research, I started investing in more natural skincare products. I would spend hours at the health stores looking through their skin care isle, plugging every product into my ThinkDirty app (if you’ve never used this app, you need it). It has taken me a while to find a skincare regimen that I truly love, and to be honest I experiment with new products all the time; however, I have found a few that are definitely my favorites. Most of these products can be found at your local health foods store. Surprisingly, I was able to find several of these products at Target as well. Enjoy!
- I found this product during a late night Target run. I had just run out of my current face moisturizer and needed something last minute before going out of town. To my surprise, I was super impressed with how well my skin reacted to this product. It is super lightweight and absorbs quickly. It also has a nice rose smell as well.
- I first heard about dry brushing on Kimberly Snyder’s podcast while on a long drive. Super impressed with the benefits, I drove to the store that night and bought one for myself. If you have never used a dry brush before, go to the store and buy one. They can be found on Amazon for less than $10 and will seriously change your life. Why dry brush? Well, it has been said that dry brushing can improve your circulation, remove dead skin, and even reduce the appearance of cellulite. All you have to do is brush your (dry) skin in upward motions, always toward the direction of the heart. I like to do this right before I shower and I keep it close so that I don’t forget to do it. It only takes only a minute or two!
- There are many good natural lip balm products out there, but Burt’s Bees has always been a favorite of mine. It keeps my lips moisturized all day long, especially in the dry, winter months. Pomegranate is my personal favorite.
- I use this Rosewater spray in place of a toner. I really like the smell and it makes my skin feel fresh. Usually I spray it on after I wash my face and before I moisturize, but sometimes I just spray it in the middle of the day to freshen up my skin.
- Two words: life changing. Seriously. I first heard about ice rollers from a blog post on The Skinny Confidential. I received my own for Christmas (and bought my sister one too of course) and we are both obsessed. Check out her blog post for the benefits and why you need to order one too!
- My favorite soap of all time and it will be yours as well. Lavender is my personal favorite scent, with the unscented one being second. I also buy this brand in the bar soap version too. It is perfect if you have super sensitive skin like me.
- I just recently bought this face scrub and so far I really like it. It is much more gentle than other scrubs I have used, plus it is free of parabens and 100% vegan & cruelty free. I am all about that.
- Acure is hands-down one of my go-to beauty companies. So far every product I have used of theirs has worked great for my skin. They have super clean ingredients and can be found at most health stores and Target.
Facial Dry Brush
- I wasn’t able to find a link for this but I found it at Natural Grocers. This has the same benefits of a dry brush, but it is for your face. It gets rid of dead skin cells and helps stimulate collagen. I use this about once a week.
- My favorite product of all time. I use this in the evenings as a serum after washing my face. Rosehip oil is really good for restoring sun damaged skin, fighting wrinkles, and keeping your skin looking youthful.
- I have very fair skin and after doing some research about the effects of sun damage, I decided it was time for me to invest in a product that contained SPF. I came across this BB cream from Andalou Naturals and I am in love with it. It is a perfect lightweight product that I use as foundation most days. I like it because it gives me a little coverage while keeping my skin protected. Highly recommend!
There you have it! If you have any questions about products or any recommendations, please let me know!